Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mom's Rice Pudding

I decided at the last minute, this evening, that it just wasn't officially Thanksgiving and the start of the Christmas season without my mom's famous rice pudding, so I'm making it as we speak, or as I type. And for those of you not fortunate enough to have my mom's super secret (lol) recipe of microwave rice pudding, I have decided to include it in my blog tonight. So everyone enjoy my mom's rice pudding, may she be up in heaven watching down on us tonight :)

Mom's Rice Pudding


1 cup water
½ cup rice
dash salt

Boil in microwave until liquid is absorbed. Approximately 8 minutes or so.

Add:

1 quart milk
1/4 cup butter

Cook in microwave on Medium setting until almost all liquid is absorbed. Approximately 45 minutes or so.

Beat together

2 eggs
½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Fold into rice mixture

Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on top and serve warm.

No comments: